Photo by Austin Anderson. Urban Om / 53211.
WHAT IS OF VALUE IN MY CITY?
WHAT TELLS A STORY YOU THINK IS WORTH SEEING?
Perhaps it's your next door neighbor or someone you met at a bus stop and shot the breeze with for a few minutes. A beautiful park you discovered or building that caught your eye because of its unique character. A moment of social activism or a special cultural event that captures the spirit of our diversity.
We are looking for:
- clear, quality photographs
- they can be taken on any kind of camera (e.g., phone, DSLR) and can be manipulated, as long as trendy filters or disorienting angles are avoided.
- photographs that capture the beauty of the people, places, and events in each ZIP Code of the city of Milwaukee (see samples and tips below).
- photographs that tell a story because they will stand alone with no accompanying description other than your name.
- candids (with an interesting activity taking place), portraits (as long as part of the neighborhood is visible), architecture, or nature scenes.
- Photographers retain all copyright on any photo(s) submitted to ZIP MKE. All photos will be credited with the photographer's name. However, ZIP MKE reserves non-exclusive publication rights to feature photos on its website, on social media platforms, and in formal exhibition. Other uses of original photos may be possible upon agreement with the owner of the copyright. We promise to never sell or distribute your personal information.
IMPORTANT: If any person to be photographed is under 18 years of age, permission must be obtained from a parent or adult guardian on behalf of said minor child before photographing.
// Examples & tips //
Milwaukeeans in their element, doing what Milwaukeeans do.
Our faces and bodies--dignified and celebrated by our cameras.
ARCHITECTURE & OBJECTS
The old and new, the quotidian and extraordinary. It's all MKE.
SCENIC & NATURAL
A city of parks, beaches, a State Forest and a State Park!
(If you don't see the form right away, refresh the page. It's touchy!)
You may submit up to 20 photos at a time. Please name each file with your name and the zip code in which the photo was taken (for example, Brian McDougall 53212).
If you are a student, please indicate your school's complete name and your grade in the "Additional Information" box.